Indian prime minister Narendra Modi enforcing and encouraging people to use digital payment services, for that they are announcing new promises to support them. Recently Modi has announced a new digital payment app called B.H.I.M. (BHarat Interface For Money) based on the unified payments Interface. BHIM app introduced by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and it can be used by everyone who have signed up for UPI based payments with linked mobile number on their bank.
Step by step information using of App :
- Users can download the application from Play Store by searching for ‘BHIM’. for android mobiles.The app is not available for windows and iOS users yet.please find app with below given logo and click on install.
- after installing app choose your preferred language. The app will ask you to verify your phone number using an SMS. Click on Next and wait for the verification process to be completed.
- Once the verification is complete, input a four digit passcode that will help you to save save your transaction from others.
After a passocode is set, the app will ask you to select your bank. Once the bank is selected, the app automatically picks up your details using your phone number. Select the primary bank account that will be used for all your transactions.
These transactions are possible only between verified phone numbers and accounts. we have below listed options for transaction :
- Send : This option will be used for sending the amount to other bank accounts connected with aadhar card, linked with specified number or other gateway methods.
- Request: We can request for money to our friends, family member and colleagues using of this option. they will just approve the transaction and you will be credited with that amount of money.
- Scan/pay: We can scan Bar/QR for paying transactions of merchants. these codes are mostly used in shopping. Each phone number is assigned a QR code which can be accessed under profile on the home screen.
- To send money to someone, type in their phone number and the amount to be transferred. The app will prompt you to input your MPIN, usually a four or a six digit code that authenticates a mobile transaction.
Further information you can find on below description video: