Earlier this month, Samsung confirmed in a teaser that the company will hold a press conference on Feb 26.
The S. Korean-based smartphone giant Samsung is said to disclose the launch date of its upcoming flagship at the Mobile World Conference (MWC) this month, according to a report by a Korean media.
Samsung Chief Executive, Kim Dong-jin will announce the official release date for the Galaxy S8 at the MWC on February 27 in Barcelona.
Unlike every year, this time, Samsung is delaying the launch of the next Galaxy S series device. Rumours claims the company might unveil the device at a separate event in New York on March 29, and to go on sale starting April 21. However, it is yet not confirmed.
Earlier this month, Samsung confirmed in a teaser that the company will hold a press conference on Feb 26. It released the teaser on its twitter handle quoting, “Big news is on its way. Don’t miss out.”
Although, Samsung is said to unveil a Galaxy Tab at the event, it is expected to share some information about its flagship smartphone, which could only be the ‘release date’ of it.
In terms of specifications, Galaxy S8 is said to come in two models featuring a 5.8- and 6.2-inch display, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, coupled with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage option, which will be expandable up to 256GB using a microSD card. The flagship is also expected to be the first smartphone to debut Samsung’s voice assistant ‘Bixby’, and to run on Android Nougat 7.0 OS.